- Kong's Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine682-560-8806
- 5 natural ways to improve women’s health
- Why You Should Get Regular Acupuncture Treatments
- 6 Reasons You May Be Having Sleepless Nights
- Healthy Aging for Men: A Chinese Medicine Approach
- Herbal Spring Cleaning: 3 Surprisingly Powerful Herbs for the Liver
- A Healthy Forecast: How the Weather Affects our Health
- Effortless Healing: Can Imbalances Clear upon their Own?
- Valentine’s Day: Empower Your Heart With Your Kidneys!
- GERD Awareness
- Kicking Butts with Acupuncture – Why Wait for the Great American Smokeout?
Do you know someone who suffers from miscarriage? Well, Chinese herbal medicine can help.
As a Chinese Herbalist and Acupuncturist who helped many women achieve the goal of motherhood, I know how devastating for a woman to experience a miscarriage, especially the same woman who may also struggle to conceive to start off, and already experienced many months or years of different fertility treatments. Miscarriage is absolutely a traumatic experience for the woman physically and mentally, some women even develop depression and anxiety afterward. What makes it even worse is some women experience repeated miscarriages.
What are the common reasons for miscarriage?
- embryo chromosome abnormality
- uterus or cervix problems: thin lining, fibroids, polyps, septate uterus, weak cervical tissues
- hormonal problems
- other conditions: uncontrolled diabetes, thyroid disease, autoimmune conditions,
Regardless of the above reasons, most of the repeated miscarriages are still unknown.
What is the available treatment out there for miscarriage?
For women, if the cause can be identified, then correct treatment will help them. For others, they will just continuously try until one of the pregnancies will stay. Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors normally suggest the patient stop trying for a few months and get the body stronger first, then try again.
Traditional Chinese medicine believes there is a life force (Chi) existing in our body from the moment you are an embryo in your mother’s womb until the end of your life. This life force is taking part in all the life stages of growth, development, maturity, etc. If the Chi of the embryo or fetus is weak or the Chi of the mother is weak, then miscarriage can easily occur. A qualified Chinese herbalist will assess the woman’s Chi condition and conclude a specific pattern diagnosis, then prescribe a mix of an herbal formula to strengthen the body Chi level which will assist the body to create a better egg, better fetus, and successful full-term pregnancy.
Chinese Medicine are natural herbs, you can think of them as the life force of mother nature which will help the human body to recover naturally and holistically.
Are you a man struggling with infertility, or do you know someone else who is?
Well, read this if you want to improve your fertility success!
The occurrence of male infertility is about 10%, which means 1 out of 10 males may experience fertility issues. The reason is: male semen quality decreases by 10% every ten years for the last 50 years.
Why nowadays men are less fertile than their fathers and grandfathers? That is mainly related to the living environment of nowadays:
- Stress: work and life pressures are increasing day by day; physical and mental exhaustion reduces semen quality. Stress increases the level of stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. They can inhibit the release of the hormone GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) in the body, which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently, reduce the number of sperm in men.
- Poor lifestyle: stay up late at night, lack of physical activity, overweight, drinking, smoking which all can affect the quality and quantity of the sperm
- Pollution: Diets are rich in hormones can affect the body’s own hormone and endocrine balancing. In addition, there is also pollution of the living environment includes water, air, radiation, etc. which are furth destroying our health.
- Drugs: The effects of drugs on sperm include disruption in testosterone production and a decrease in sperm production. Drugs such as supplemental testosterone, anabolic steroids, chemotherapy drugs, marijuana, and opiates affect a male’s sperm quality.
To improve male fertility, men need to reduce stress, have enough rest, move more, avoid toxic food, drink, or drugs, have a healthy diet, and take nutrition supplements.
Besides the above, for thousands of years Chinese have been using Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs to help males to achieve the goal of fatherhood. Acupuncture and Chinese herb can help the body produce endorphin which can counteract the stress hormone; the same treatment can also balance male hormone, encourage blood circulation of the reproductive system, subsequently improve the quality and quantity of the sperm. Many men also find after the course of treatments their general health and sex performance improved as well.
At the same time, Acupuncture and Chinese herb can work hand in hand with other assist fertility treatments like IVF, IUI, etc. which can further increase the success fertile rates.
When used in conjunction with Western fertility treatments, acupuncture increases conception rates by 26% without side effects. According to several studies and medical research, acupuncture can increase fertility by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs, reducing stress and balancing the endocrine and hormonal system.
Acupuncture can provide better blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, thus stimulate the production of healthy eggs, movement, and improve the uterine lining thus assisting implantation.
One of the ways acupuncture treatment increases fertility is by reducing stress. When people are under stress, the hormone cortisol is released in the brain. This alters the brain’s neurochemical balance, thus changing hormone levels and disrupting the balance of hypothalamus – pituitary – ovary axis, which is the key to the reproductive cycle. Stress can also create spasms in both the fallopian tubes and the uterus, which can interfere with movement and implantation of a fertilized egg.
In men, stress can alter sperm counts, motility, male hormone production and cause impotence. Acupuncture infertility treatment counters the effects of stress and cortisol by releasing endorphins in the brain.
Acupuncture is the insertion of fine disposable needles into specific energy points on the surface of the body. Chinese medicine believes Qi (energy) is the life force of the body and it runs mainly in 14 major pathways, called meridians. Qi (energy) promotes the physical functions of the body, moving smoothly through the meridians. When the flow of Qi is disrupted through poor health habits, stress or other circumstances, pain and/or disease can result. Acupuncture can regulate the body’s physical and mental function, balancing the energy and restoring health. Acupuncture helps to keep the normal flow of this energy, thereby increasing a couple’s chances of conceiving.
For some people who are afraid of acupuncture treatment, the option of only Chinese herbal medicine will be prescribed.